The Florida Flambeau began as an administration approved student run newspaper at the Florida State College for Women in 1915 and continued through the transition to Florida State University in 1947. In 1972 the newspaper moved off campus, independent from the University, and under the governance of the Florida Flambeau Foundation where it prospered for the next twenty years as a campus/community newspaper. In 1992 students who were unhappy with the philosophical direction that the Flambeau was going established a competing newspaper entitled the FSView. When the Flambeau experienced financial difficulties in 1998, it was purchased by the FSView, which subsequently continued publishing as the FSView and Florida Flambeau. In 2006 the Tallahassee Democrat, a Gannett owned daily newspaper purchased the FSView and Florida Flambeau.
OcrABBYY FineReader 9.0
RightsThe Florida Flambeau is provided for educational use under fair use as outlined by current U.S. Copyright law and accompanying guidelines. Written permission from The Florida State University Libraries Special Collections Department or the rights holder must be obtained before using an item for publishing or commercial purposes. For further information contact FSU Special Collections and Archives at email@example.com.